Jan 20, 2011

Pet Friendly Design.

Shelly's dogs, Reggie and Spencer.
My sister, Shelly is also getting ready to embark on a complete remodel of a large and beautifully located condo on the bayou in Houston, Texas.  She and her husband have hired McDaniel Construction which happens to be owned by our cousin Mike McDaniel to gut and rebuild the entire place.  She has 2 adorable dogs, and this post is especially for her.

I've been thinking about how to get rid of the ugly dog crates we use for our dogs, which I know are the same type Shelly uses for her dogs. They eat and sleep in their crates, and sometimes get closed in their crates when we have visitors. I've been thinking about how to incorporate a crate into the cabinets in the breakfast room.  Then I found these images and decided we can not only make a built-in crate / dog bed, but also specialized storage for the huge quantity of dog food required.  Shelly uses child safety gates to keep her dogs closed in and I was hoping to find images of built in gates that maybe slide into the wall when not in use (just like a sliding door), but I couldn't find any. I'm sure it could be done though.

 

 
    





3 comments:

  1. Love the pics, ideas, and blog site, Shannon! (BTW, I'm sending this as "anonymous" since my other comments got lost in space.)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pull out with the dog food, how convenient!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I'm ordering one that holds 2 bins since we use 2 types of dogfood.

    ReplyDelete